Newman Catholic accepts international students from all over the world. In recent years, Newman Catholic has enrolled students from Russia, China, India, and more. Our international student population makes up approximately one to three percent of our total student enrollment, allowing international students to fully immerse themselves in an American high school experience.
Newman Catholic provides curriculum and advisory support for college readiness. In addition, international students have taken part in our fine arts programs, athletics, and clubs.
Please contact Megan Studer, Enrollment Coordinator, at email@example.com for information on the application process and current international tuition rates.
- An initial contact with grade level, anticipated start date, and reason for interest in our school.
- English Proficiency: This can be established with a TOEFL or ELTiS score or through an interview.
- Arrangements for housing while in the United States (proof of host family).
- Translated official transcript from student’s previous school.
- Translated official immunization record.
- Proof of finance: This may include a translated bank statement. Per federal regulations, international students must prove they are able to pay tuition costs, fees, school meal plan and living expenses. Tuition payment is requested prior to student arrival.
Along with the documentation listed above, international students are asked to complete the application and send with all documentation and a $50 application fee that is applied toward tuition.
Once Newman Catholic receives and reviews all information and officially accepts the international student, he/she will receive a letter of acceptance and application for their F-1 Visa. The Archdiocese of Dubuque will process and send the international student his/her Form I-20.
Newman Catholic accepts students on an individual basis and through international placement agencies.