Where Beginnings Never End
The Mission of Newman Childcare & Preschool:
Newman Childcare & Preschool will provide peace of mind to parents through offering quality childcare and by enhancing the life experiences of children.
Newman Childcare & Preschool has provided a quality and nurturing environment for North Iowa families since 1986.
Over 3,500 estimated children with working parents have benefited from this care. We now have the opportunity to ensure that same excellent quality of education can continue for years to come in a new and child-friendly facility.
Community support is essential to the success of this building campaign. Working together as parents, friends, and supporters of quality childcare will offer our youth a Christian-centered education experience. A new facility will sustain this vital element for the entire North Iowa community.
Benefits to the North Iowa Community
- Maintain established community partnerships
- Increase awareness of the value of quality childcare
- Provide quality childcare to employees of North Iowa Businesses
- Promote the center and its programming as a community resource to businesses locating to North Iowa
- Facility and programs are accessible for physically-challenged children
Newman Catholic Childcare
The center has been in operation since 1986, providing the highest quality childcare and early childhood education.
- Care is for children age 6-weeks to 12-years
- The center is open five days a week throughout the year from 6:15 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. It is closed New Years Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & day after, and Christmas Day
- We offer appealing as well as nutritious meals and snacks following the Federal Food Program guidelines
- Children have supervised rest periods and “early riser” activities
- The center is a safe and well-equipped facility
- Playground areas are provided
- Children enjoy an air-conditioned building
- Each age group is supervised by a Unit Leader
- Staff is CPR and First Aid certified.
Infant Care (6 weeks – 2 years)
State approved staff/child ratio.
Diapers, formula, and baby food provided.
Developmentally appropriate activities and equipment.
Toddlers (2 years – Kindergarten)
Developmental appropriate curriculum.
Social and emotional development.
Educational books and toys.
Language skills development.
Large and fine motor development.
Art and science experiences.
Before and After School Program
Located at Newman Elementary
Hours are 6:15 a.m. until school starts and after school until 6:00 p.m.
Includes care during Tuesday mornings (“late starts”), when school is not in session, weather delays, and cancellations
Supervised play and character development
Summer Program (1st grade – 12 years)
A supervised play and activity program that is provided throughout the summer months
All day summer care
Transportation to swimming lessons through the Parks & Recreation Department
Arts and crafts
Newman Catholic Preschool
The purpose of Preschool is…
- To developed a sense of responsibility.
- To recognize the rights of other.
- To gain satisfaction and independence.
- To acquire habits of good health.
- To enjoy music, stories, and poems.
- To build language skills.
- To develop motor control and dexterity.
- To develop a background in numbers, reading, and language arts.
- To express ideas.
- To widen student horizons.
- To prepare students for kindergarten.
3 year old program – Brenda Steidl
Tuesdays and Thursdays or Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30am to 11:00am. Children must be 3 years old by September 15.
4 to 5 year old program – Cindy Keller
Five days a week from 8:30am to to 11:00am or 12:30pm to 3:00pm. Children must be 4 years old by September 15.
Pre-Kindergarten – Jordan Anderson
This 5.5 hour (8:30 – 2:00) program meets daily Monday through Friday. Children in this program must be 5 before January 1. This program has been developed to meet the needs of the young 5 year old who needs a quality structured program before entering kindergarten.
The program will be kept flexible to accommodate each child’s individual learning style and ability in order for the child to have an opportunity to progress according to his or her capacity.
Who We Serve
- 180 Families
- 263 total children served
- Childcare children 17 Infants (6-weeks to 11-months)
- 21 Infants (12-months to 2-years)
- 29 Two-year olds
- 31 Three-year olds
- 44 Four-year olds
- 100 Before & After School Program children
- Preschool Children
- 31 Three-year olds
- 34 Four-year olds
- 19 Pre-Kindergarten
Who We Are
60 full-time employees
- Average of 10 in-service hours per year.
- CPR and First Aid Certified.
- Virtus (sexual abuse awareness training)
- Mandatory Reporting Training.
- Child Development.
- Infant Development.
- Early Literacy.
- Health and Safety.
- Guidance and Discipline.